Thursday, June 21, 2012
The sky is grey and the moon is new - ready for an awakening - but ready doesn't mean leaping to it!
But in the front the camellias are in full flower - and I need to get out and sweep some leaves. It's wonderful - there's one tree with two colours of flower - I'm not sure how it does it.
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Well the casting took a long time - and an even longer time to summon up the courage to open the mould. In fact it's a pity I didn't open it sooner - there are a few cracks that may not have happened if the glass hadn't sat locked in for so long.
Now it's time to get on with other work while I decide what to do - I've learned that:
The cutting and fitting to the sculpture is going to be a bit of a challenge too.
|What should have been three irises|
- casting three complicated waxes at once is too hard
- letting the glass soak at top temperature for longer did work - the mould was full
- leaving thin glass in the mould is silly - the petals on the thinner flower cracked and broke
- having the glass too thin was silly
- I'm going to make this work!
|A nearly good enough iris - yet to cut off the pouring lines|